My podcast guest this week is Rich Brown.
Rich is the author of Extended Stays: A Closer Look at Longer Pastorates. He has served for decades as a pastor and in Christian higher education. Currently he serves with IPM (Interim Pastor Ministries).
In this conversation, we talk about why long-term pastorates are good for the church, the pastor, the pastor’s family, and for the community we’re called to reach.
- Some shocking stats about pastoral tenure
- Why a series of short-term stays can be problematic
- How to make a long-term stay effective for everyone
- How to grow deeper through transition without relocation
Links From This Episode
- Extended Stays by Rich Brown
- The Forgotten Church by Glenn Daman
- Turnaround Strategies For the Small Church by Ron Crandell
- Transforming Church in Rural America by Shannon O’Dell
- Growing Young – Fuller Seminary
- Church Revitalization in Rural America by Tom Cheyney
- Small Church Checkup by Kay Kotan & Phil Schroeder
- Leading the Smaller Church by Glenn C. Daman
Contact Rich Brown
Support This Work
If you click here to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter you’ll get all the breaking podcast news early!
Also, if you have any other ideas or guests that might fit this podcast, let me know in the comment section, below.
If you become a Patreon Partner for as little as $3 a month, you can help us continue to put these resources into the hands of the ministries that need them the most.