My podcast guest this week is Matt Branaugh on the important subjects of law, tax and finances in the church. Matt is an Attorney at Law and Content Editor for Church Law & Tax.
In this conversation, we talk about some of the biggest recent issues in these important areas – you know, the things we hate to deal with, but need to take care of. Thankfully, Matt knows how to talk about them in compelling, clear and applicable ways.
- The Top 5 Reasons Churches End Up in Court
- Keeping kids safe
- The latest on ministers housing allowance
- How to safely reopen your church building without undue exposure to legal liability
This conversation will help you know that you and your church are not alone if you’re facing these issues, where you can go to get help, and how to be proactive instead of waiting for something bad to happen.
Link from this Episode
- Matt Branaugh at Church Law & Tax
- Church Law and Tax Store
- Richard R. Hammar at Church Law & Tax
- The Top 5 Reasons Churches and Religious Organizations End Up in Court
- Minimizing the Risks of Child Molestation in Churches
- Whose Church Is It?
- Your Church Needs an Insurance Committee
- Seventh Circuit: Clergy Housing Allowance Is Constitutional
- Housing Allowance Basics
- How to Safely Reopen Your Church and Reduce Legal Liability
Support This Work
If you click here to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter you’ll get all the breaking podcast news early!
Also, if you have any other ideas or guests that might fit this podcast, let me know in the comment section, below.
To support this work for as little as $3 a month, you can help us continue to put these resources into the hands of the ministries that need them the most.