For years I’ve been thinking about starting a Book Club. It’s a great way to meet people with common interests, learn together and support each other.
Now it’s here – starting June 3, 2021!
Our first selection for the KarlVaters.com Book Club is the just-released, Posting Peace: Why Social Media Divides Us and What We Can Do About It, by Douglas S. Bursch.Our first selection for the KarlVaters.com Book Club is the just-released, "Posting Peace: Why Social Media Divides Us and What We Can Do About It", by Douglas S. Bursch. Click To Tweet
Here’s the endorsement I wrote for it:
“Posting Peace is so thoroughly researched, so engagingly written, and so practically applicable that I plan to read it again—and share it with others when I do. Doug Bursch has the right combination of expertise, humor, wisdom, and compassion to give this important subject the Christ-centered perspective we all need right now. Put down your smartphone and pick up this book. Then when you go back to your social media feeds (we know you will!), you’ll be better equipped to use them well instead of having them use you.”– Karl Vaters
For info about the book, including a free chapter excerpt, click here.
Interested? Here’s everything you need to know:
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE BOOK CLUB
- Subscribe to the KarlVaters.com free weekly newsletter.
- Join the KarlVaters.com Book Club Facebook Page.
- The first five people to do steps 1 & 2 can win a FREE book (we’ll DM you for shipping info if you win).
After signing up, you’ll receive regular updates and you’ll be able to chat with other members on our Facebook Page.
HOW TO BUY THE BOOK
- After you sign up for the Book Club you can buy your copy at 30% OFF by following the instructions on the top of the Book Club Facebook page.
- Or buy it on Amazon.com.
- Or get the audiobook here.
HOW DOES THE BOOK CLUB WORK?
- We will have a live webinar every Thursday in June, 2021 (3, 10, 17 & 25) at 8pm ET (5pm PT). Login info will be coming soon.
- I will host it and the author, Doug Bursch, will be joining us.
- We will discuss three chapters each week, so read chapters 1-3 before our first meeting on June 3.
- There is a #PostingPeace Challenge at the end of every chapter, which we will do together.
- As you read, feel free to use the Facebook Page to make comments, ask questions, and build relationships with other members.
One of the reasons I chose this as our first selection is because Posting Peace isn’t just a book for pastors and church leaders. Anyone can enjoy it and benefit from it."Posting Peace" isn't just a book for pastors and church leaders. Anyone can enjoy it and benefit from it. Click To Tweet
So feel free to invite your church members, family members, friends (and enemies, if you got ’em). The easiest way is to send them this article.
We expect to read 3 or 4 books a year together. A few, like this one, will be for everyone. Others will be for church leaders, while some will be very specifically for small church leaders.
We already have a book selected for August 2021 that’s specifically for small church leaders. It will be announced during our last meeting on June 25.
We hope you’ll join us for this and other books.