with Karl Vaters
- Reality #1: 80-90% of churches will never be larger than 250 people
- Reality #2: Virtually all pastors will pastor a small church for at least some time in our ministry
- Reality #3: You can lead a small church well, without settling for less
The church needs to embrace its “long tail”
Many big church principles don’t translate well to a small church context
The law of large numbers: the bigger the crowd, the more predictably it behaves
Church Life During Lockdown
- We need to embrace doing ministry from the church, not just in the church
- Make it about people, not technology (or buildings, or finances, or …)
- If we’re only fighting for our own survival, we don’t deserve to survive
- It’s a specialty, and it’s worth doing well
Look for the
S.P.AR.K. page coming soon!
The Small-church Pastors Adapt and Recover Kit
What do you think? Leave a comment, suggestion or idea below.
Copyright © by KarlVaters.com. Click here to request permission to reprint.